WCJ Comments on The NSS USA Report (2002)
Publication date: 2002-09-28
WCJ Comments on The National Security Strategy of the United States of America Report (September 2002)
The National Security Strategy of the United States of America report dated 17th September 2002 is a document that will have a profound influence on the life of mankind in the coming years and decades.
The Government of the United States have realized that the economic and military power at their disposal puts them in a unique position to influence the fate of mankind and they intend to make the best use of this opportunity. This is a welcome intention.
But intentions and the outcome of human actions are not always the same. They can either usher in a new era of freedom, peace and security, or plunge Mankind into decades of destruction and bloodshed. The success of their endeavour will require a vision that transcends the scope of vision of the national leaders of the past. The purpose of these comments is to help the American Government to develop such vision.
Table of Contents
- Overview of America's International Strategy
- Champion Aspirations for Human Dignity
- Strengthen Alliances to Defeat Global Terrorism and Work to Prevent Attacks Against Us and Our Friends
- Work with others to Defuse Regional Conflicts
- Prevent Our Enemies from Threatening Us, Our Allies, and Our Friends with Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Ignite a New Era of Global Economic Growth through Free Markets and Free Trade
- Expand the Circle of Development by Opening Societies and Building the Infrastructure of Democracy
- Develop Agendas for Cooperative Action with the Other Main Centers of Global Power
- Transform America's National Security Institutions to Meet the Challenges and Opportunities of the Twenty-First Century
Copyright (C) 2002 Shams Ali — All rights reserved